Subject: Re: New Elmerit 24 f2.8 Asph.
From: "Vahan D. Shahinian" <vshahinian@sprynet.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 1997 10:29:54 -0500

>Have anyone try out the new Elmerit 24 f2.8 Aspherical?
>Is it worth considering?

I almost tried out this lens last weekend. Unfortunately, the one that I
received had several "defects" in the coating on the front element (SN:
3737xxx). I probably should have shot a roll through it anyway, but I sent
it right back. Leica has promised that I will get the next one available.
We'll see. When I get the replacement I'll let you know how well it works.

It's a nice looking lens with the quality feel you would expect from an M
lens. This lens comes with two front lens caps. One is a standard circular
cap and clips directly onto the lens, while the second is a plastic/rubber
rectangular cap the slides over the lens hood (like the 35mm ASPH).

Best Regards,
Vahan