Subject: Re: Leitz lenses (ab)used for MF/LF
From: Brian Levy <dlevy@worldy.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 19:05:02 -0500

Why do the smaller f/stops mean the lens has greater coverage? And why would
Leica (of all companies) design their lenses to cover MF and LF.

I could envision a company such as Zeiss adapting a LF or MF lens for a
smaller format since the produce products for them, but Leica to my
knowledge until very recently dealt with only 35mm. Of course Schneider
(sp?) produces PC lenses for several companies and their lenses may also
cover more than 1 format for economies sake.

At 12:20 AM 1/18/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Marc Small wrote:
>
>> Leitz designed their longer lenses to have sufficient coverage for use
>> as MF and LF lenses, so they included the smaller apertures which are
>> all the rage with LF photographers.

Brian Levy, J.D.
Agincourt Ont.
dlevy@worldy.com