Subject: 6x30 BIDOXIT Binoculars
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 16:02:32 -0500

I recently picked up a late, coated pair of these glasses.  Most
interesting.  These guys lasted in production from 1936 into the mid-'60's.
In terms of quality, though, they're just not there -- I have a slew of 8x30
CZJ's, and even my uncoated glasses outperform the Leica binoculars.  Both
are EXTREMELY close in physical size (the CZJ neckstrap fits the Leica
binoculars, for instance:  mine came without a strap, and I had a spare
Zeiss strap).

Well, these will do all right as glove-box glasses, but I'm disappointed.  I
would have expected more from E Leitz Wetzlar.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!