Subject: Re: LeicaView and Eisenstaedt
From: The astounding Roy Zartarian <royzart@connix.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 1997 23:27:00 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 19 Jan 1997, C.M. Fortunko wrote:

> LUGs,
>
> A few months ago, I received in the mail a copy of the most recent
> Leicaview. In it, there are many wonderful photographs by Eisenstaedt and an
> offer to buy a print of his La Scala photograph for a mere $5400. Mind you,
> this is a special price. Others would have to pay $6000. Cheap per Afred E.
> Newman.

However, the print was even cheaper ($3,575 framed, 3,200 unframed) in
late '93 and early '94 when it was offered as part of Eisenstaedt's 95th
birthday exhibition sponsored in part by Time-Life which is offering the
"La Scala" image. I would guess that the unsold stock of signed and
numbered prints prepared for that event will now come into the
marketplace.

I was able to attend the exhibit between the snowstorms that season and
did indulge myself with a copy of "Immigrant Child" taken at Ellis Island
in 1950. Thus far I have not been able to find any information about the
image.

Written by:	Roy C. Zartarian	| Prophets are not without honor
		25 Stuart Street	| except in their own country
		Newington, CT 06111 USA	| and in their own house.
		http://www.connix.com/~royzart