Subject: Re: Working Kit
From: cardona@letterbox.com (CARDONA)
Date: Thu, 23 Jan 1997 15:14:36 +0800

Hello folks.
This is my first post to this list.  I am working professional.  Part of my
working kit includes Leica M equipment.

I recently finished a street photography book on Burma.  (About Burma
ISBM981-00-7357-7)  For the majority of the photography in the book I used
the 50mm 2.0 Summicron.

Although I own longer and wider lens I found that the normal lens gave me
the look I wanted.  I prefer the 2.0 to 1.4 for its size and working depth
of field.  I had the 75mm 1.4 but got rid of on account of same.
In my opinion, lenses of focal range between 35mm and 75mm are ideal for
"fly on the wall" street photography.  The weight and appearance of the 75
1.4 tires the user and intimidate the subject respectably.

I rarely use the 90mm and when I do, I like the Elmar-c 4.0.  The 135mm
stopped going on field trips long ago. For me long lenses are more
practical on SLRs. (Single Lens Reflex)

In case Leica reads this group.  "We could use a 75mm  2.8 Summicron --
which in my opinion would be lighter, smaller, better working depth of
field and definitely less obtrusive."

Any opinions on this pseudo-lens?

Thanks

Cardona.