Subject: Re: Film ID, 50mm, Variable (zoom) for M's
From: "C.M. Fortunko" <fortunko@boulder.nist.gov>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 1997 19:41:34 -0700

Bob,

I don't agree at all with your conclusion about the DR Summicron. - It is
not sought after by the collectors. However, let's keep this secret to
ourselves. Otherwise, the prices of DR Summicrons will soon be higher than
new Summicrons.

Incidentally, my DR Summicron is a thing of beauty. It has been machined by
a real craftsman and designed by people who knew how to take advantage of
different alloys of brass and steel to maximum mechanical advantage and to
produce that Leica feel. Furthermore, the physical beauty of this lens puts
the new 50mm chrome Summicron to shame. In fact, it is so beautiful that I
prefer to use the newer lens. (I forgot to mention the quality of the
engravings.)

By the way, do you have an extra pair of eyes, case for the eyes, or, even
better, a DR Summicron for sale. Mine needs a companion.

Best of light,

Chris