Subject: Re: Tripod advice
From: jdrouin@islandnet.com (Jamie Drouin)
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 10:36:15 -0800

Scott wrote:

>I'm looking for a small, lightweight table-top style tripod to take with me
>on a trip.  Something that I can keep in my bag.  I've seen the leica
>version with the ball head.  Is this still made, and where can I get one.
>Are ther any other options?

      I highly recommend the small folding Pentax table-top.  They show up
regularily with other brand names on them, but I believe they were
originally made for Pentax.  It has a very sturdy ball head, all metal with
hard plastic knobs, and a wide footing once unfolded.  I picked up a couple
in the past year for under $30CAN including zipper cases for them.

                                                     Jamie.

Jamie Drouin (jdrouin@islandnet.com)
    Photographer & collector of
     Stereophotographic items