Subject: Re: M4 Prices
From: "Stefan Kahlert" <uzs13b@ibm.rhrz.uni-bonn.de>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 1997 12:14:20 +0000

> Charles E. Love, Jr. wrote:
> >
> >  Lots of people on this list love the DR Summicron 50.  It's nice to have the
>  close focusing,
>
> The newer 50's focus just as close on any M4 or newer body.  theDR was
> for closer focusing with the M3 (don't know about the M2)

Not beeing an expert in Leica I can't understand for what reason this could
depend on the body.

A new Summicron 50mm focusses down to 70 cm and to my understanding
it does so on all Ms. The good old DR goes down to 48 cm which
is still quite a difference. Anyway, in comparison with an average
50mm for a SLR you are just in the same club in terms of close
focus cappability if you have a DR on your M.

best regards

Stefan
- --
Stefan Kahlert
Wissenschaftliche Abteilung der
Medizinischen Poliklinik der Universitaet Bonn
uzs13b@uni-bonn.de