Subject: Re: 40mm Elmarit (was: Limitations of having 50mm as my only lens.)
From: David Young <youngs@IslandNet.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 1997 17:01:13 -0800 (PST)

At 10:58 PM 30/01/97 +0000, you wrote:

>> We should all be lucky enough to score a 2.8/40 Elmarit!  'Very few were
>> made', the books say:  only ONE was sold outside of the Leitz plant.  You
>> could finance an entire M6 set with ALL production lenses if you got one=
 of
>> these babies and passed it on to a collector!
>
>Marc,
>
>if it was really just one that has been sold I have seen that lonely=20
>stranger today at Photo Gregor in K=F6ln (Cologne).
>Elmarit-C 2.8/40mm #2512906.

Hove Photo's "Pocket Book" says of the 40mm Elmarit-C, "The few examples
manufactured were never officialy sold to the general public although
examples have been discovered."

Sounds like more than *one* to me!

>For me It was like visiting a museum. I hope you didn't mind me=20
>sharing my impression with you.

Stefan, I for one, am glad you did!  Thanks.

David Young             |  Who is General
Victoria, B.C. CANADA   |  Failure, and why
youngs@IslandNet.com    |  is he reading my disk?