Subject: Re: 85-90 M and SM lenses
From: edwardk9@umcc.umcc.umich.edu (Edward Kowaleski)
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 1997 20:09:50 +73900 (EST)

I have only casually been reading the thread on the 85 and 105 mm Nikon
lenses because I thought that they were only used on Nikon cameras.  Now the
light has dawned on me that such acronyms as TLM (or TML) probably refer
to some way a Nikon 85 or 105 mm (screw-mount? bayonet-mount?) lens can
be used within the Leica M system.  Is this correct?  How is the Leica
rangefinder cam engaged?  I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has
successfully mounted a Nikon 105mm lens to an M body with full
rangefinder functionality. How does one do this?

In one of the threads, someone said that there were quite a few of these
in Europe.  I do not recall seeing any here in the US.  Any info would be
appreciated.  Thanks, Ed Kowaleski