Subject: 1.5 50mm Summarit
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 1997 14:40:39 -0500 (EST)

Chris,

I've been using the Summarit for years. My only complaint was that it was
very tight from the factory, almost impossible to focus at eye level. The
precision was very high. In order to use it, I sent it to Leitz back in the
late 70's. They loosened it up and now it's my standard M3 lens. I think it's
the best fast 50mm ever made. Portraits just jump out of the print made with
the Summarit.

The Summarit has an odd rectangular lenshade that I sometimes use. It also
requires a filter size that's not easy to match. But it's so good optically
that I seldom get flare when I use it without a shade. Nothing beats it for
color quality. You've found a gem. Who was foolish enough to sell it?

Bob Rosen