Subject: Re: Advantages of Leitz/Leica enlargers?
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 14:58:39 +0545 (+0545)

At 11:06 PM 03/02/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I'm preparing to resume doing some of my own processing, after not doing
>so for some years. And I'm wondering about enlargers. I'm very curious
>to understand what the advantages of using Leica enlargers are. With
>Leica cameras, I am very clear in my own mind why I use them- I use them
>so I can use Leica lenses. I prefer the look of the results. That's the
>main reason (I also like the bodies and the (for the most part) low-tech
>designs and of course the long-term viability of the system/s). But once
>that "look" is on film, and given such things as even illumination, I
>don't quite see why I can't use any good enlarger/lens combination to
>print from it. Any explanation or clarification would be appreciated.
>--
>JB

Further to Joe's question,

        I have also been curious about Leica enlargers as I have never had a
chance to look at one or talk to anyone who uses one regularly.  Currently I
am using a Zone VI 5x7 enlarger with a VC cold light head and compensating
time - 80 mm Schneider for 35 mm negs and a 150 Schneider for my 4x5 work.
I am very pleased with the outfit and the results but would like to hear
about experiences with Leica enlargers and lenses for 35 mm work.

Ian Stanley

Kathmandu, Nepal