Subject: Re: Leicaflex
From: creadick@mindspring.com (Nowell & Jennifer Creadick)
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 12:39:37 -0500

Kieth...I am in agreement with that philosophy and use an original
Leicaflex quite a bit.  The real disadvantage is the meter does not meter
through the lens so you have to be a bit more careful in unusual exposure
situations...filters for example.  The Leicaflex SL meters through the lens
and can be found I think very reasonably.  The SL 2 is the expensive one.

At 7:48 AM 2/4/97, KEITH R. STETSON wrote:
>As a recent subscriber, I was glad to see a brief flurry of
>messages regarding Leica R cameras.  At the risk of starting
>a series of responses pointing out my folly, it seems to me
>that one of the least inexpensive ways to experience Leitz
>optics is to get an original Leicaflex with a 50/2 Summicron-R
>lens.  This appeals because the camera was made in Germany,
>and the one-cam lenses are considerably cheaper than the
>later varieties of lenses for the R cameras.  Comments?
>
>Keith Stetson

Chapel Hill, NC

Although love may fail, courtesy should prevail.