Subject: Re: SL Problems?
From: Edward Meyers <aghalide@panix.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 1997 10:41:24 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 5 Feb 1997, Chuck Warman wrote:

> I'm planning to purchase a Leicaflex SL as a back-up body.  Is anyone aware
> of problems peculiar to the SL that I should look out for?
>
> Chuck
> Chuck Warman
> cwarman@wf.net
> I'd hate to think that all my current experiences will
> someday become stories with no point.
> 		---Calvin (to Hobbes)

My experience is that you must check the meter carefully, as
the CdS cell may not be up to snuff. Use the meter check. Also,
be aware that it was designed for the PX-13 and 625 mercury
batteries which are no longer made. The Wien "air" battery
works, but for about 1/4 the usual two years I'm used to.
Ed Meyers