Subject: Re: CL with 50mm
From: David Young <youngs@IslandNet.com>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 1997 11:21:55 -0800 (PST)

At 08:50 AM 07/02/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Tim,
>
>You are correct, there is a 50mm frameline which comes up in the CL
>w/ a 50mm lens. I don't have the slip from Leica readily at hand, but
>there were restrictions on using the DR, the 50mm - need help here
>guys - what is it Summilux? Noctolux?

>Back on the subject of the Leica CL. I understand the 50mm lens will
>show the correct frame line when attached but which of the 50's can and
>which can not be used.
>Thanks again,
>Tim Spelich
>
>Brian Levy, J.D.
>Scarborough Ont.

LUGnuts!

When the  Summilux f1.4 and Noctilux f1.2  5omm's are used on the CL, they
MUST be stopped down to at least f2 - I gather to get proper coverage of the
frame w/o too much fall off, though I have no idea why this would be.  The
Noctilux f1.0 should *not* be used on the CL.

Use of the 90mm Summicron f2 is also proscribed. Again, I dunno why. Anyone
know why?

Cheers!

David Young             | The customer always right! Misinformed
Victoria, B.C. CANADA   | perhaps, confused, fickle, sometimes
youngs@IslandNet.com    | even abysmally stupid.  But never wrong!