Subject: Re: 50mm Summarit 1.5 + 50 Summitar
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 07:42:59 +0800 (SGT)

I shot two rolls through my slightly hazed Summarit once and found that the
photos were somewhat too soft for my liking and that the contrast is a bit
below what I am used to for a Leica lens.  I wonder whether this is due to
the haze or the natural characteristics of the lens.   I had some difficulty
trading in the lens because of the "haze".

In contrast, I find the 50 Summitar SM a very much underrated lens.  The
contrast, sharpness and colour is so much closer to the summicron.  At about
$200 a piece, it is a great bargain for the performance it produces.   I am
able to achieve the Leica Glow with a 50 Summitar but so far not with my 50
summicron (latest version).

Dan K.