Subject: Replacing the top plate of an M5
From: "Juan F. Sanz Cervera" <Juan.F.Sanz@uv.es>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 11:29:15 +0100

I found an M5 (three lug, chrome) that has a huge, ugly ding (ca. a half
inch in diameter) on the top left corner. Other than that, the camera is in
mint- condition, and both the light meter and rangefinder work accurately.
My question is: do you think it would be possible to have the top plate
replaced by Leica? Of course, the second question would be related to the
likely cost of such an operation... :-) The camera is a good user the way it
is, but that ding justs hurts my eyes!

Any input will be most appreciated.

Regards,

   - Juan F. Sanz Cervera