Subject: Pacific Rim Proximeter
From: Joe Berenbaum <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 1997 21:27:54 +0000

This item was announced on the Leica list but at Marc's suggestion I'm
cross-posting this to the Rollei list. In case anybody is wondering, I'm
the person who succeeded in ordering the Proximeter from Pacific Rim.
But it's lucky I specified in my email that I only wanted it if it was
in fact a working shoe-mount rangefinder. Lucky, because after they
packed it and sent it off, they re-read that part of my email and sent
me a message saying they couldn't remember exactly what it was and if it
wasn't what I wanted, just keep it anyway rather than return it and I
wouldn't be charged for it. And so when I got my package a few days
later here in sunny England, what I found in it was; two metal-framed
optical parts connected by a 3-inch chain. I think this is a close-up
attachment for a rangefinder-type camera; the round bit goes over the
lens, the almost-rectangular bit goes over the viewfinder and
rangefinder window/s. I'm curious to know what camera this will work on.
On the base of the rectangular part it says Voigtlander Proximeter 1
93/294. Moral of this story; not all Proximeters are rangefinders!
- --
JB