Subject: Re: Handgrip M
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 1997 12:03:28 -0500

At 04:29 PM 2/13/97 +0100, Otto wrote:
>I am happy to say that I have found
>an accessory I can find few, if any, problems with. I have had the
>opportunity to spend a little time with the new Leica M handgrip. All in
>all I must say this is an accessory I can not be without anymore.

This is most interesting.  When these were introduced, there was a huge
explosion of interest in them, and a bunch of folks gave paeans of praise
much as Otto has.  But then sales dried up, and they've not sold nearly as
well as predicted.  The reason, of course, is much like the split over Leica
M use with glasses:  some users find the small size of the Leica M body and
the location of the tripod socket a pain, others like it fine just the way
it is.

In any event, for those who like, the handgrip DOES come highly recommended.
I've never heard a negative word about it.  I just don't see the usefulness
FOR ME -- I love the small size of my M6 and don't want to make it any larger.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!