Subject: Re: Pin Hole Leica
From: colin <colinmi@fast.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 10:02:58 -0600

Don Bledsoe wrote:

> >> I hear that there are pin hole adapters which can be fitted onto a leica
> SM or M body and this can produce pin hole pics with the usual long
> exposures required.<<
>
> >> Anybody got any leads or experience?
>
> Pardon me for sounding uninformed but why on earth would anyone want to put
> a pinhole adapter in a camera as fine (and expensive) as a Leica?  Leica
> lenses are the absolute finest but someone wants to substitute a pinhole?
> Might as well hang a Miranda or Zeiss lens on the thing.  I'll gladly give
> you a shoe box to put one in if you'll give me your Leica.  Barring that,
> cut a hunk of cardboard out and poke a pinhole in it and tape it to the
> lens mounting flange of your Leica for a try.  Should be on par with a
> Miranda.
>
> Don

Don,

Are you knocking Mirandas...?

Dan,

I've seen a pinhole lens for the Leica at the LHSA meeting.  I think
Jimmy Koh had them.  The construction is nicer and more substantial than
I would expect, but I think performance is as expected.  Enlargments
from pinhole shots have a quality very different than sharpness.   It is
a fine piece of over-engineering though.

Colin