Subject: Pin Hole Source
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 1997 22:27:09 -0500

Dear List,

I have been reading all the posts about a pinhole lens that can be used
with an M series Leica.  I guess there are some experimenters out there who
just have an interest in the images thatr such a lens might produce.

I have used a pinhole lens from Porter's of Cedar Falls, Iowa.  It is a
50mm f40 lens.  It is as flat as a pancake and hardly protrudes from my
Canon SLR.  It has a permanent f 40 aperture that cannot be changed.  I use
it with a Canon FD T mount adapter on a Canon F-1n.  The viewfinder image
of the SLR is very dark considering the f stop is 40.  It would work
especially well with my M6 because I could meter with it and still see what
I am photographing.  Images are pinhole like - extreme depth of field but
with a 50mm focal length.  It is a fun lens - especially for experimenting.
 Certainly a small investment to pay if you want to give "pinhole"
photography a try.

The cost of the lens is $84.95 USD, item # 09-0001.  It must be used with a
T mount adapter and there is problem.  Their catalogue lists Nion, Canon,
Pentax, Olympus, Konica and Minolta T mounts for about $25.95 USD.  Their
list does not include a Leica T mount adapter.  When I checked with them a
few years ago, they didn't have a Leica T mount adapter.

Perhaps someone on the list would have a source for T mount adapters for an
M Leica.  Porter's phone number is 800-553-2001.  They also have a website
at:  www.porters.com

Please let me know if someone can get T mount adapters for the Leica.

I hope this has been helpful.

Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA