Subject: Re: M3 look-a-like = M6-J
From: "Peter Jon White" <pjwhite@tiac.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 12:13:51 +0000

> Lucien is strongly supported. The M6J is one of the finest cameras
> ever made. There are some M4 bodies, reinforced for press or military
> use, which have similar smooth shutter release and absolutely silent
> feel of the M6J. And, the J has a great metering system (superior to
> the one used in "ordinary" M6es).
>
> I have the camera, and I use it (and I love to use it).
>
> Hubert

Well, luckily I can type with my foot in my mouth! All I knew about
the M6J was what I had seen in advertising. And apparently, the ads I
saw didn't clearly describe the camera.

Is the viewfinder magnification more like the M3 than the M4 or M6?

What is different about the meter?

Assuming it is a wonderful camera, why can't Leitz make more of them?
I'd love to have a camera with a bigger viewfinder image that shows
me the 35mm frame lines. The brightline finder is nice with the M3
but it takes up a lot of room. And the 90mm frame size on the M4 is
pretty small. I can't imagine trying to use a 135 with it.

Peter Jon White