Subject: Re: Price for M6J Leica
From: "Peter Jon White" <pjwhite@tiac.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 17:31:52 +0000

> So..if the viewfinder of this camera is something that photographers, as
> opposed to collectors, could make real use of, why can't Leica produce it
> for a price comparable to the M6?
> Charles E. Love, Jr.

Greetings,

If my memory is correct, the M6J was originally sold for a small
premium over the M6, but they only made 1600 or so. That drove the
price up. The dealers were able to charge the going rate and the
collectors just had to have it.

Is there anyone here who knows the wholesae price difference of an
M6J over an M6?

Peter Jon White