Subject: Re: M3 look-a-like = M6-J
From: "Roger Beamon" <beamon@primenet.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 17:41:55 -700

With alacrity, Charles E. Love, Jr. wrote:

> Right.  I suggest this pricing raises questions about Leica's
> interest in photographers, as opposed to speculators.--Charlie
> Charles E. Love, Jr. CEL14@CORNELL.EDU

Doubt it, Charlie. Leica is intensely interested in photographers.
You must remember that Leica is a manufacturer, and, as such, can't
continue to exist unless they keep the production line running.
Without the photographers using their gear and literally wearing it
out, the production mill would grind to a halt. Making commemoratives
alone is seldon a successful strategy for a manufacturer.
- --
Roger Beamon
       Naturalist & Photographer
       Docent: Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum