Subject: Re: Covering on the M2 Leica
From: colin <colinmi@fast.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 21:39:40 -0600

Don Bledsoe wrote:

> Frank,
>
> > From: Frank Filippone <red735i@worldnet.att.net>
>
> > Don I agree.   I did noit give the name becuase it is my first experience
> > with them, although they were highly recommended to me.
> > As soon as I can confirm the results and costs, I will give out the
> > information.
>
> Please do.  I just sent one Leica off to Northvale for a CLA and new
> leather (plastic or whatever it is they put on them these days) and just
> know it won't be cheap nor of quick turnaround.  An alternate source for
> quality work would be nice to have.
> Regards, Don

A service I have used pretty often is Golden Touch.  Those in the LHSA
are probably familiar with Sherry Krauter.  She does a fine job and is
reasonable.  When having new leatherette put on, I believe the big part
of the job is removing the old vulcanite which either seems to want to
just crumble or hang on tenaciously.

My recomendation,

Colin