Subject: Re: Need tripod advice
From: "Peter Jon White" <pjwhite@tiac.net>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 08:45:14 +0000

> Does anyone have a recommendation for a currently available light weight
> small tripod that will extend at least to 5 feet.

> Richard Clompus, OD

Greetings,

After struggling with one of the smaller Gitzo tripods for ten years
in order to save weight, I finally have achieved tripod bliss with
the Gitzo Mountaineer. It weighs less than the smaller Gitzo, packs
up smaller, since it's legs are four sections rather than three, and
it's quite rigid. I'm 6'2" and I have all the extension I'll ever
need.

I tried a Cullman years ago but found them to have very little
rigidity. They weigh next to nothing but franklly I would PREFER
nothing to the Cullman.

Peter Jon White