Subject: Re: Need tripod advice
From: hartmann@interaccess.com (Nicholas Hartmann)
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 08:38:21 -0600

>Cullman makes a collapsable tripod that lays flat but I'm not sure if it
>would fit in a larger camera bag.  I picked up an excellent Bogen monopod
>3249 and a Gitzo Reporter monopod.  They are light weight but not stable
>enough for a pinhole lens on a M6 Leica.
>
>Does anyone have a recommendation for a currently available light weight
>small tripod that will extend at least to 5 feet.

Richard -

If you unscrew the small but serviceable ball head that comes with the
Cullman tripod, its overall dimensions (folded) are 13.5 x 4.5 x 1.75
inches; it will certainly fit in a briefcase. I'm not sure about maximum
height, but 5 feet sounds close.

The Cullman unit is very elegantly designed and well made. I haven't used
it extensively in the field, but it certainly seems sturdy.

- -- Nick

Nicholas Hartmann                               hartmann@interaccess.com
P.O. Box 1005                                   73057.724@compuserve.com
Oak Park, IL  60304                                       (708) 524-1191
USA                                                   fax (708) 524-1355

Technical and scientific translator:  German, French, Italian -> English