Subject: Ugly R8
From: Michael Reichmann <michael.reichmann@alphanet.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 1997 14:27:05 -0500

As I see it, the R8 is actually quite an attractively designed camera.
While it is somewhat on the chunky side, that doesn't really bother me
because it handles well.  My main objection is that within that bulk
there isn't a winder, let alone a faster motor drive.

The Contax RTSIII, for example, has a 5fps motor within a quite
similarly sized camera.  Many much smaller camera bodies incorporate
winders so it is quite a puzzle.  The fact that the wonder and motor
won't be available for another 6 months or so is also puzzling.

Michael H. Reichmann
E-mail:	michael.reichmann@alphanet.net