Subject: Reaction time. was: The Acid Test
From: c.blaue@bmsg.de
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:41:52 +0100

It is not the electronic which makes an SLR slower, its the mirror.
You may try the following:

Take a pendulum of approximately 6 ft. length (if you like you could strap
your Leica, a bottle of beer, the keyboard of your computer...).

Let it swing and try to take a picture, when it is exactly at the bottom.

If you can do it you have overcome all secondary influences as mirror
flapping, imprecise release buttons, slow brains in imagining what will happen
next (this is usually my problem, but if I really had it here, I'd move to a
cheap video camera), electrons searching their long way through short wires,
pimples on your finger etc.

christoph