Subject: Re: LUG Website
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 13:19:53 -0500

At 09:29 AM 26-02-97 EST, Thomas P. Myro wrote:
>Good Day!
>
>We could certainly construct a "HOMEPAGE"--yeesh-I hate that term, for
>the LUG to exhibit photos and other info about the LUG.  There are
>probably quite a few among us who are able to do this.
>
>If we want to do this in periodical form-- an edition basis, like the AGF
>homepage, we could do it for free.
>
> If we want to do this in some sort of "VIRTUAL GALLERY" format, we would
>need much more space, and it would cost us some money.
>
> If we want to spend money, we could also index the contents of the
>digests, and make them available for downloading, like the Nikon list
>does, a much easier "format" for obtaining them.
[snip]

I'm not sure that I understand the differances between the first two
options.  What I think is a good format is the Photoforum web page

        http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/photoforum.html

If you click on the 'gallery' link from that page you will get to a mini
gallery consisting of 10 images contribured from the list.  The list owner
(or gallery manager) rotates the pictures every week or so.  I find the
gallery quite enlightening, and the photos generate a fair bit of
constructive critisism on the list.

Dan C.