Subject: Re: Leica CL
From: "Peter J. Fasi" <ar487@detroit.freenet.org>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 97 09:49:38 PST

My experience may be unique, but here is my experience. I bought my CL in
1976 (or thereabouts). I had a problem with the rangefinder within a year.
I sent it back to Leica for repairs, and I was surprised when they sent me
a new one. No other company has ever done that. It's been great ever since
except for two problems. The back no longer fits absolutely tight the way
it used to. No fogging problems, just a nagging concern. Also, the meter
has been off by several stops for some time. The cost to repair was more
than I wanted to spend, so I just live with it. The inaccuracy is
consistent - 4 1/2 stops, so I just make accomodations for it. I'll
probably pick up a small meter, like a Gossen pilot, and keep it in my bag
for backup.