Subject: Re: Which M camera?
From: Lucien <100774.527@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 28 Feb 97 12:55:37 EST

"Charles E. Love wrote

<In its favor, it had a much better light meter (IMHO) than the M6, because it
was a true <spotmeter.  The M6's "limited area" meter covers too large an area
for precision in tough
<situations, and anyway the total area it covers is somewhat vague--there's
<no excuse for Leica's not developing a way to indicate meter coverage in the
<viewfinder.

I agree

<The M5 also had much more viewfinder information than the M6 does.  In
<addition, its shutter speed adjustment hung over the edge of the camera,
<making it much quicker to use than the M6's (though it sometimes was awfully
<loose and too easy to move).  I also thought the M5 was good to hold,
<although many didn't agree.

I agree, that's why I like the Leicavit on a M camera. I like the height but not
the width of the M5.

< Finally, it is possible to convert an M5 finder
<to M6 specs so you can use the 28 and 75 (though the lines overlap a little
<into the viewfinder information area).

And  you will also lose the indication of the meter coverage.

Lucien