Subject: Ektachrome 200 Elite
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 11:04:35 -0800 (PST)

I don't normally use transparency film these days but last weekend a
friend and I were looking to evaluate some Ektachrome for a project he's
doing. I loaded up with some E100SW, 200 Elite, and my usual Tri-X.
Shot each roll, one after another, in the same area of the same subjects.

The Tri-X is razor sharp, the E100SW is pretty good, the 200 Elite was
awful. I'd never seen such a huge difference in film resolution. Also,
the contrast of the 200 Elite makes it nearly unusable for scenics.

Has anyone else had similar experience to this? And can anyone suggest a
200 speed transparency film that will have decent resolution? We'll probably
stick with the E100SW over faster films, but it's nice to have the option.

Thanks!
Godfrey