Subject: Re: Replacing Leica M Body Skin: Part 1: Materials
From: Oddmund Garvik <garvik@i-t.fr>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 97 12:29:40 -0800

At 08:40 28/02/1997 -0800, Frank Filippone wrote:
>This became a do it yourself project......my mechanic wanted $85 to do the
>labor... I'm pretty handy, so I took on the job myself.  Note that I will
>have a good 5 hours ino this repair, so the $85 was a fair cost of his
>time.
>
>For all of you interested in the replacement of body skin ( Leather?
>Vulcanite? Whatever?)
<snip>

A friend of mine replaced the Vulcanite of his M3 body with gray shark skin.
It became an amazing camera afterwards. So nice to hold (felt like
sandpaper), and extremely durable. You can even put on some of this colored
snake skin they use to make boots of in Texas and Mexico. Customizing the
Leica must be a dream...ah!

O.