Subject: Re: off topic
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Sun, 2 Mar 1997 07:46:42 +0545 (+0545)

>Why did you retire the Nikon and Olympous's? You upgraded or they broke?
>I would have thought they were reliable, if not durable.
>Regards, Mark Wilk rlocurto@pccsite.com (8~)

Hello Mark,

        I retired the Olympus cameras because they were just wearing out.  I
had trouble with the manual film advance in particular and the electrical
connections to the flash hotshoe.  I really liked using Olympus cameras
especially the metering system in the OM4 & OM4-T.  The systems was easy to
use and very accurate.  These cameras were used under very severe conditions
and I was pleased that they lasted as long as they did.  The Nikon was not
entirely worn out when I sold it but was starting to give me some electrical
problems.  I also found that I did no like autofocus and that I was not as
pleased with the quality of the images when compared to Leica lenses.  I
admit that I was using one of the cheaper Nikon zoom lenses so it probably
wasn't a fair comaparison.  I just didn't want to invest in top quality
lenses for two different systems.

Ian Stanley

Kathmandu, Nepal