Subject: Re: Definitive Cleaning...Lenspen
From: Stanley E Yoder <syoder+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 08:37:45 -0500 (EST)

    I've had a couple of Lenspens for awhile, and rather like them. The
business end of it is a chamois-like pad, concave and about the size of
a penny. In the bottom of the protective cap is a supply of something
like carbon black, i.e., a polish. Rotating the cap a rev or two
deposits some of the latter onto the former, which is then moved about
the lens surface with small circular motions. The other end of the pen
has a retractable brush to first whisk away any particles (which would
certainly be most advisable to do with this non-liquid process).
    I felt a little squeamish the first time I used it (on my Rollei 2.8
Xenotar), but all was well and I subsequently have used it on Leitz and
Zeiss optics. But always with care and light pressure.

Stan Yoder
Pittsburgh