Subject: New Leica Literature
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 08:41:59 -0500

Dear Fellow LugNuts,

I just got the latest catalogue from Leica USA on the M6 and R8.  As usual,
both are very high quality productions.  I am however more convinced now
that the R8 was targeted toward the professional photographer with unlimted
lower back support.  If I ever get into Leica reflex cameras, I'll head for
a R6 or R6.2 for sure.  I hear the shutter is not as accurate as the R7 but
hopefully it will still be repairable for years to come.  The discussions
on this list how the Leica CL, CLE and older electronic R Leicas are no
longer servicable leaves me with a stronger feeling that M Leicas are the
way to go.  I want to leave something for my kids to use.  Then the money I
am spending now becomes even more useful in years to come.

Maybe I'll go for another M6...

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA