Subject: Re: 21mms & Filter Sizes
From: Paul Young <pauly@sdd.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 08:05:34 -0800 (PST)

> Henning J. Wulff wrote:
>
> and is a lot more compact, especially when on a camera. Also, using filters
> with the Elmarit is a problem for me, as you have to use 60mm filters with
> the current model, and the only other lens I have that uses this size is
> the Noctilux, with which I don't use filters. The series 7 filters for the
> SA are much cheaper and more readily available and generally useable. The

I have a vintage late 60's or early '70s M-lenses brochure which
lists the 21 SA at 48mm. Apparently it changed to Series VII
a bit later. This was why I originally posted the question on
filter sizes (and lens variations for that matter). I am wanting
to get back into Leica M after a too-long absence, and knowing
what is available would help. A new brochure will certainly tell
me what is available now, but most of what I am interested in
will be used (the 21 SA for instance, which I now know to have
at least two different filter sizes). Seems to me there are enough
knowledgable folks in this LUG that somebody has a chart somewhere
showing various lenses and filter sizes over the years.

Again, my TIA.

Paul.