Subject: R6/R7 Shutter Clarification
From: Richard Clompus <rclompus@voicenet.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Mar 1997 11:08:25 -0500

Dear Fellow LugNuts,

I wrote:
<If I ever get into Leica reflex cameras, I'll head for a R6 or R6.2 for
sure.  I hear the shutter is not as accurate as the R7 but hopefully it
will still be repairable for years to come.>

I was discussing the difference between the all mechanical shutter of the
R6 vs the electronically controlled shutter in the R7.  The electronic
shutter in the R7 according to my sources is more accurate than the all
mechanical shutter in the R6.  I did not mean to imply that the R7 shutter
was better than the R8.

I hope this clears up misunderstandings my statement may have caused.

Sincerely,

Richard
Richard Clompus, OD
West Chester, Pennsylvania, USA