Subject: Re: Lean M3 Question
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 11:40:00 -0700 (MST)

>> Yesterday I did buy an M3 double stroke with serial number 917174.
>> But considering Ben W. Holmes mail it should be single stroke...

Consider that the serial numbers were "allocated" for given years and
products. There are, in most cases, variations in the features within a
given batch of cameras. The guide books are simply that - guide books. It is
possible that DS cameras were made after the SS production had begun, or
that it was a lapse in the numbering system used at that time.

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes

Boulder, CO
USA