Subject: Explanation
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 1997 22:58:39 -0800

I belong to numerous lists. And I think occasional spirited conversation,
even if somewhat off subject is healthy. How else do you know who you are
talking to? You're not just a bunch of LUG-NUTS, you are real people with
real feelings, personalities, ideas... The BMW list recently got into a
flurry about Windows 95/NT v.s. Linux/Unix. That's something I'm in the
middle of every day so I participated. I frequently see thrashing of Odmund
on this list. With a few of these escapades, we all end up knowing who each
other is. Even if we don't participate, the information is there for the
taking. If I'm kidding or being facetious, I wink ;-) . Otherwise I'm
reasonably serious. Hay... you all know who I am now. Remember... I'm the
guy that has Odmund filtered to my trash bin. What I didn't tell you is
that my trash stays until I physically delete it so occasionally I paw
through it for nuggets of wisdom.

You may all know that I'm an R person. I use ALL of my equipment and if I
end up not using something, it gets traded for something I can use. So far
I have no use for an M system. Maybe someday. Actually, I bought a CL when
they first came out. Wish I still had it but cannot justify actually
purchasing one now. The education from you all on this list about M
equipment cannot be duplicated anywhere else in the world. It's awesome.
I've really come to respect the body of knowledge that you all make
available. I keep all of the mail that holds technical wisdom for future
reference as I feel that sometime in the future, I will buy an M camera
system and will need your knowledge. Thank you all for sharing this
information.

I have passions and I am willing to defend them. If I'm wrong about
something I will freely admit to the error. Conjecture about a position
does not prove anything. People with passions sometimes cannot read between
the lines. Especially if the source is unknown. If I'm wrong about Mr.
Peter Jon White's message, I apologize for the strength of my reply. I live
in California where the wacko *******'s are trying to disarm the law
abiding public so that only criminals will have guns. Try to make sense out
of that one! I see these people spouting jibberish about shooting this,
blowing up that, etc. every day. They are usually the very same people that
get DUI's and busted for dope, but they keep on driving. So not knowing
Peter Jon White, what am I supposed to think? Yes Peter, you should have
winked.

Jim

PS... sorry Roger, I'll try to stay on the Leica topic from now on.