Subject: Guns and roses and leica.
From: Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 08 Mar 97 23:55:06 EST

Gentleman,

May I interject for a moment in an attempt to avoid a confrontation of Leica
owners beating each other with various solid objects, mainly Leicas and guns.

Obviously a couple of posts were misread and misresponded to, which only
escalated what started out as a minor and somewhat humourus exchange of weapons
of choice.

Even though it was marked "off topic" and of interest to some, it did seem to be
slightly "off topic of photography", which I'm sure most would agree. I feel
what probably caused some of the concern was that it extended beyond a few days.
This in turn annoyed some members and which I personally thought it should have
been moved into a private discussion with the interested parties. And I voiced
that.

There is a passion for well made items that feel good in the physical sense in
ones hands, Leicas and fire arms are two that come to mind.  To some degree they
give the same sensual feeling in the hand and I can understand how the parties
in both cases feel for their item of choice.  What is strange is, that we all
have the same bonding as we like the same things, regardless of whether it is
both or only one of the mentioned items.  I will say quite honestly the feel of
a well made hand gun has given me the same feeling of say, my new Leica R8.
They both have the same sensation of quality that I enjoy in well made products.

Guys we are here for a short time, we generally learn and enjoy the comments one
from the other, so how about we hand a rose to each other and put the verbal
heat to rest and get back to telling Leica war stories!  Please. Thank you.

ted grant
Victoria, Canada