Subject: Harsh light
From: Rosesanan Soon Lai Yoke <adisoon@pl.jaring.my>
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 21:27:35 +0800

Hi,

I have been placing my fungus infected lenses and m3 rangefinder under a
table lamp in the hope that the fungus may die. The reason why I am doing
this is that in the past, when I did not use a lens for a period of time,
some fungus started growing, when I started using it again however, it
noticably diminished. My hypothesis is that exposure to light kills the
fungus. Any comments??

Also, what can be done to preserve photographic equipment in high humidity
places like Malaysia?? Any ideas??

- --ADi