Subject: Re: You guys need to switch to decaf!!
From: bholmes@frii.com (Ben Holmes)
Date: Sun, 9 Mar 1997 17:54:07 -0700 (MST)

>Ben, are you nuts?  A black darkroom?  I had to work in one once on a
>small newspaper and it was awful.  It was almost impossible to find
>anything, no matter how bright the overhead light.  I got to hate going
>in there.  The start of my love of slide film and E-6 labs.  In my last
>studio we had a very tiny film loading room  next to the darkroom and
>painted it dark grey, but even that I think was overkill.

<snip>
>Donal Philby
>San Diego

Donal and everyone else who has an opinion on this topic, I built a really
cool labrynth type light trap which allows me to work in a small building on
my property, in the dark, with the door wide open. This is why I need black
walls - light pours in the door and gets sucked right up by the black. I
understand why you don't like black rooms, but for the sake of fresh air I
went this way. Besides, I'm the only one who uses it so finding things is no
problem.

I also have a fridge in there to keep my Fat Tires cold. Mmmmm!

Regards,

Ben W. Holmes

Boulder, CO
USA