Subject: from the rediculous to the sublime
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 08:23:46 +0545 (+0545)

Or variations on a theme:

"I use planar lenses to shoot from planes, and tessar lenses when I am
shooting from a tesseract.

An excellent image of Berlioz was made with a Hektor; a portrait of the
Fudd family was done with an Elmar; and of Bela with a Flektagon. Many fine
underwater shots were made with Sonnars and I usually photograph eagles with
a Raptar.

Wow!  As it seems that there is a tremendous amount of expertise on these
subjects, gathered in this list, I dare to ask one last question:

Is it best to use Canon equipment to shoot on Tchaikovsky 1812 Overture
performances?"

I can't remeber where these quotes came from but they seemed to fit in with
the general attitude of folks these days.  Spring fever perhaps?

Ian Stanley

Kathmandu, Nepal