Subject: Cruising for snaps
From: Ian Stanley <ian@mos.com.np>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 11:51:10 +0545 (+0545)

Hello to all,

        I just got back from a great morning of cruising the Kathmandu
Valley for snaps.  It's spring and the new wheat fields were so green and
the mustard so yellow that I had to shoot a few sheets of Velvia along with
the TRI-X.  The Leica stayed in the bag as this was definately a large
format morning.  I climbed up to the northern rim of the valley to a little
village called Nagarkot.  From here, on a clear day, you have a wonderful
view of a good chunk of the Himalayan range.  Today was a little misty but
still worth the trip.  On the way back into Kathmandu I stopped in a town
called Thimi where a lot of potters work and bought some large pots for our
deck.  Here the Leica was put to full use as the light was dim, the place
was small and the action was fairly fast.

        When I got back I checked my e-mail - 40 some messages all from the
LUG and not many of them happy.  How sad!

Ian Stanley

Kathmandu, Nepal