Subject: Re: 2 Cam lens on R
From: Oka@mol.net.my (Takanori Oka)
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 13:11:18 +0730

>     Hi,
>
>      What would happen if I try to mount 2 cam lens on R bodies?  Would it
>     damage the body or would it miss metering without any damage?
>     Thanks in advance.
>
>     David

Hi,

I think that is the case with my R3 and Macro Elmarit 60mm f2.8.

The instruction book tells that the lens should be equipped with a device
that will be engaged with a lever of the body to activate the full-aperture
metering.

Unfortunately I bought my lens without it by mail order, and therefore I
have to use the "field depth pre-view" button everytime I use the built-in
meter. When I set the shutter speed control to "Automatic", I have to keep
the field depth pre-view button pressed while I fire.

I am not sure if what I am doing will heart my camera. Actually I seeked
that information on this list but I had no reply. So if you find our
something, please let me know if you don't mind.

I learned that the conversion of the concrened device(come-back spring) on
the old lens like mine is still available in the U.S. for UD$250, although
I do not know the detail. If you are interested I can give you the e-mail
address of the person who provided the information.

I hope I could help some.

Thank you.

Tak Oka
Kuala Lumpur