Subject: Re: 2 Cam lens on R
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 07:51:42 -0800

At 01:11 PM 3/11/97 +0730, you wrote:
>>     Hi,
>>
>>      What would happen if I try to mount 2 cam lens on R bodies?  Would it
>>     damage the body or would it miss metering without any damage?
>>     Thanks in advance.
>>
>>     David
>
>I am not sure if what I am doing will heart my camera. Actually I seeked
>that information on this list but I had no reply. So if you find our
>something, please let me know if you don't mind.
>
>Tak Oka
>Kuala Lumpur

David & Kuala,

You may use any Leicaflex or Leica R lens on any reflex body without worry
of damaging your camera or lens. There are four lens versions: One axial
cam for use with the original Leicaflex (external metering), Two axial cams
for all Leicaflex cameras, Two axial & one rotational cam for use on all
Leicaflex and Leica R cameras, and a 50mm f/2 Summicron-R with only the
rotational cam, for use on the Leica R only. However, all reflex lenses
will work on any Leicaflex or Leica R camera body. If you use a one or two
cam lens on a Leica R body, you must stop down the lens to take a meter
reading. Otherwise the reading will be wrong. Likewise using a one cam lens
on a Leicaflex with TTL metering.

Jim