Subject: Re: New M6 Prices
From: Ted Grant <75501.3002@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 11 Mar 97 00:21:59 EST

<<<I heard is uses the new 127 Film.Smaller than 35 MM Cassettes and
significantly lighter.     New lenses include the 180 F2.8 Sonnar.>>>>>>

Frank,

I think you have it wrong on the film. As the new APS film is deemed to totally
replace 35mm cassettes, so the new M7 will use only APS and the body is going to
be completely made in aluminum and will be water proof for the underwater crowd
as they have been crying discrimination.

The 180 Sonnar is actually going to be f.1 as a remake of the Noctilux formula.
They are going to put them on a rack as they cool and stretch them out to 180mm.

I also heard they have a new 12mm extra superwide full frame not fisheye that
will allow photographers to include they're feet in the frame allowing them to
feel better about themselves in the picture.  Only a rumour at the moment.

ted grant
Victoria,Canada
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant