Subject: Re: 70-180mm 2,8 versus 80-200mm 4
From: Lucien <100774.527@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 12 Mar 97 05:10:23 EST

ted grant wrote:

>I don't think there is any need to worry about testing on the these two. I
>bought  the APO 70-180 2.8 it is a classic of the new Leica lenses. It has
>become a work horse for me both in colour and b&w.

>If there is any thing to compare it's the price.  If you can get your hands on
>one for a good price I'd go for it real quick before another LUG finds out
where
>it is and beats you to it.

Thank you for your answer,Ted.

What kind of photography are you doing?

I intend to use it mainly for travel photography (with a back pack), an
portrait.
and I want to use it with my R7 and a the 2X Apo extender.

I'm a little bit anxious about the weight (travel) and the slowness of the
focusing (portrait).
I think that the focusing ring is faster on the 80-200mm and that the focusing
distance is shorter (1,1 m instead of 1,80m).
But with the extender, the viewfinder will remain clearer with the 70-180mm.

Maybe somebody using the new 80-200 may help me (quality, ease of use etc...)

Lucien